Yes, YOU. Not the invisible person over your left shoulder.
Do you like subtlety, secret messages, and geekiness?
We're likely all fans here - fans of something, at least. We have fannish loves, we want to express them. And sometimes we want to express them boldly, with slogan T-shirts and badges. But sometimes we want to be fannish where we can't wear those things - like at work. If it would give you a thrill to know that you're wearing something that subtly points towards what you love, without the mundanes knowing unless you tell them, then have I got some jewellery for you!
- The Nine Walkers Necklace (The Lord of the Rings)
- The Empty Child Necklace (Doctor Who)
- Dream of the Undine Necklace (October Daye)
- Fire Rose Necklace (The Princess And Curdie)
- Drowning Bones Necklace (The Lord of the Rings)
- Heart of the Vortex Necklace (Doctor Who)
- Interlocking Lives Necklace/Earrings (Harry Potter SSHG)
- Woven Threads Necklace/Bracelet/Earrings (Harry Potter SSHG)
I also have works which send subtle messages without necessarily being fannish for a specific fandom, but relate to fantasy, SF, or STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/
- Volcano Necklace (for the geology geeks, I know who you are!)
- Writing In The Sand Necklace/Bracelet/Earrings (for the ancient history geeks)
- Recursion In Blue Necklace/Earrings and Recursion In Blue Too Necklace/Earrings (for the maths/computer geeks)
- Colourless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously Necklace (if you recognise the title, you are clearly a linguistics geek)
- Sandstorm On Mars Necklace (everything is better In Space!)
- Blue Sunday Necklace (lovers of Jazz)
- The Cobbles of Heaven Necklace
- Tear of the Frost Giant Necklace
- Tear of the Dryad Necklace
- Dragon With A Broken Heart Necklace
- The Blind Poet Necklace
- The Door in the Hill Necklace
Do you like unique works which are impossible to replicate?
I like making some things just because they are fun, unusual, and pretty. The processes for many of my works create things that I could never reproduce exactly; flame on copper, mica powder swirled inside resin, the flare of feathers, the interaction of poured enamel paints. This is totally opposite to the monotony of endless mass-produced items that are, as they say, a dime a dozen.
- Cloudfeather Necklace and Sunshower Necklace
- Purple Haze Necklace and Pixie Dust Over Sea Necklace and Silver Sea Necklace and Blue-Green Vortex Necklace and Glittering In Blue Necklace
- Summer Breeze Necklace
- Dragonsbreath On Copper (Round) Necklace and Dragonsbreath on Copper (Square) Necklace (heat-treated copper pendants; every single one is unique)
- Dragonsbreath On Steel (Dogtag Necklace) (heat-treated steel -- lovely rainbows!)
- Look Through The Branches Necklace
- Tear of the Sea Necklace
- Open The Silver and Blue Window Necklace and Blue Pond Necklace and Window Into the Blue Necklace
- Dreams of Green Opal Necklace and Sorrow of Green Opal Necklace
- Sheep on the Hillside Necklace/Bracelet/Earrings
- Marmore Viridi - Green Marble - Necklace and Over The Hills and Far Away Necklace and Flower of Green Necklace
- Hammered Aluminium Cuff Bracelet
- Dragonfly in a Swamp Necklace
- Coy Koi Necklace
And even things which aren't jewellery!
- Setting Ink On Fire Trivet (these are really beautiful, so much that you might not want to use them as trivets...)
Do you like being able to interact with the artisan?
Because, hey, that's me! And I am here, and you can ask me stuff. Always happy to answer questions, especially if it's something you think other people would like to know too. You can make suggestions of other things I could create, things that YOU like(+). Right now, I'm working on adding earrings, hair-chains and more bracelets, because of suggestions people made to me. I'm even considering experimenting to create things that I haven't made before, such as scale-maille hair-bungees and maille motorcycle gloves, both suggested by guys I know. (Yes, my stuff isn't only for gals!)
Yes, I do custom orders. I would adore to make some fabulous Wearable Art just for YOU. Note, however, that you do not want to do this if you aren't willing to pay $$$, because the cost of my Wearable Art starts at $100, and I require that as a deposit before we figure out the final price. This is to reassure me that you are serious; I have seen too many horror stories about artisans spending days negotiating a design for a custom item, only to have the (potential) client back out at the last minute. That's time I would never get back, and would cause me a great deal of stress that I can NOT afford. Note also that this is wearable art: you would give me a concept, a theme, a prompt, and I would create wearable Art which fits your concept; it's like creating fanfic for a prompt in a fiction exchange, only this would be jewellery (or something else wearable) rather than fanfic. I would use whichever techniques and materials would suit the idea best, whether that be chainmaille or kumihimo or crochet etc. I've done this before (see my symbolic jewellery index), I just haven't sold it before.
(+) Suggesting things that other people might like isn't really very helpful, though.
So have I convinced you yet?