Played with alcohol ink, ceramic tiles, and fire again tonight.
- Do not paint Jo Sonja Glaze Medium onto alcohol inks unless you have left them to dry for 24 hours, or not at all, unless you want your pretty pattern to be wiped off with every brushstroke. (oops)
- So I washed off the two tiles I mentioned in my previous post, washed with water and metho(*).
- I'm not sure what the best thing is to seal my tiles. 8-( It needs to be something that isn't going to react with the ink. I had thought a water-based medium would be okay. And maybe it is. And maybe it isn't.
- Less is more.
- I messed up designs two or three times by adding more stuff when I should have stopped. The "more stuff" was either more ink (which muddied up the colours) or more alcohol squirted on it, which made some bits too light and other bits too dark, and also muddied the colours.
- Metho is good. I need more metho.
- The designs I messed up, I simply poured metho on and wiped the whole tile clean.
(*) For the non-Australians in the audience, see Denatured Alcohol.