|Kathryn A. (kerravonsen) wrote,|
@ 2008-11-20 02:15 pm UTC
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
- There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) Art: cover art/title banners for my fic.
2) Vid: (Doctor Who) something celebrating the awesomtasticness of Donna, Martha and Sarah-Jane.
3) Art: A lovely Snape/Anya icon. Since I seem to have invented that pairing, and jedibuttercup keeps on encouraging me to write more in that universe, it would be nice to have an icon to celebrate this fact.
4) Art: A dynamic Tenth Doctor & Buffy icon. My one-off fic seems to be turning into a series.
5) Fic: Stories based on my orphan plot bunnies from a while back; see here (1), here (2), here (3) and here (4). Consider them to be challenges.
6) Fic: (Doctor Who) Post-"Last of the Time Lords"; the Master is not dead, but has amnesia as a side-effect of successfully stopping the Drums. A former companion (any canon companion) of the Doctor finds him and thinks that he's the Doctor with amnesia, and convinces the Master of this too. When the Master gets his memory back, he wishes he hadn't. He *liked* being the Doctor. (yes, I know, reforming the Master is very unlikely, but I can dream, can't I?)
7) Fic: A story written Just For Me. See this post.
8) Recommendations for "classical music" (symphonic music and the like). It is a wilderness out there, I have no guide. All I can say is what I've liked: Beethoven's symphonies, Camille Saint-Saens, Greig, Tschaikovsky, Handel; some Bach but not all - I find Bach a bit too sterile, I like music that paints pictures in my mind.
9) Good vegetable recipes, with certain limitations: I'm not allowed to use oil, and I'm not allowed to eat starchy vegetables such as potato, sweet potato, beans, legumes and the like. And I dislike hot spices such as chilli and curry. You can see why I need recipes! Most especially would be good things using cabbage, carrots and onions, since they seem to be the ones I have left over at the end of the week.
10) Phone calls from people on my flist, especially those who have not called before.